Code of Behaviour for ANC High School Students
The students of ANC High School are expected to uphold the expectations of the school. The Code of Behaviour is designed to promote a high standard of conduct in each student and to ensure the safety of all and the efficient running of the school.
To enable all students to learn in a safe and secure environment, students should note the following:
1. Harassment in any form is unacceptable.
2. Personal & others' safety is of paramount importance.
3. Behaviour should prevent injury and illness to themselves, teachers and other students
4. The need to identify and report to the teacher any possible hazards from equipment, facilities and the environment
5. Consideration of others should be shown when waiting in queues, walking on the street, moving in the lift and travelling on public transport.
6. Good manners and courteous language are to be used at all times.
7. Movement around school rooms should be calm and sensible, keeping to the left in passageways and on stairways.
8. Possession or use of cigarettes, alcohol or non-prescribed drugs is prohibited whilst at school, travelling to or from school, or on any school-related occasion.
9. No student may gamble while at school
10. No medicines should be brought to school unless the Principal has been notified in writing. Where it is necessary, only the amount required for the day should be brought to Reception where it can be kept and administered under supervision. At no time should a student be in possession of, or use, another student's medication. See Appendix for Medical Forms.
11. Travel with a student who is a licensed driver is permitted only when the students involved are siblings and when written parent/guardian consent is provided to the Principal
12. The need to comply with and assist in the school's emergency procedures
13. No practice endangering life, limb or property may be indulged in.
14. No student may bring onto the school premises any weapon, drug, explosive or dangerous substance, nor shall any student while under school discipline be in possession of or throw any missile or article that could cause harm or discomfort to others.
15. Physical contact between students is not permitted, with the exception of non-sustained spontaneous acts of affection.
16. Personal possessions and school property must be treated with respect; This includes:
• No littering,
• graffiti or
• other form of vandalism
17. No eating in classrooms
18. Ensuring personal possessions are clearly named
19. Maintain classrooms in a tidy and orderly state
20. No unauthorized borrowing of personal or school property
21. Mobile phones are to be switched off. Calls or texts may not be made or received during class time
Students should take pride in ANC HS and uphold the school's values in the wider community
ANC HS students are expected to:
1. Be well-groomed at all times
2. Show consideration of others within the school and in public
3. Be courteous and well-mannered at all times
4. Take pride in, and responsibility for ANC High School's appearance and image
5. Be respectful of the views of others
6. Be aware that people are different individuals and should be treated respectfully regardless of religion, culture, disability, gender or physical appearance
7. Demonstrate honesty and integrity in dealing with others
8. Make a positive contribution to the wider community
The school expects the cooperation of parents/guardians and students in accepting these regulations. These are fundamental to the well-being of all students in the school. They are based on courtesy and consideration for others, as well as instilling a sense of responsibility in the students.
Last Updated ( Friday, 28 January 2011 04:11 )