What are the features of the IELTS Preparation course?
- 10 week course at 2 levels: General Training Module & Academic Module
- 20 hours of class time per week
- New student entry starting every week
- All classes have access to computers
- Progress reports every month and certificates upon completion
- University qualified teachers with specialist language teaching qualifications
- Up-to-date teaching methodology
- The course assists students in becoming familiar with the IELTS examination process and focuses on strengthening the skills and strategies required to achieve a target score in each listening, speaking, reading and writing module of the IELTS examination.
- Key topic areas to be covered include The Environment, Science & Technology, Tourism and Employment.
Outcomes of the IELTS Preparation course
By the end of their course students will:
- Be familiar with the IELTS examination and confidently prepared to sit for the test.
- Have started to attain the necessary language skills/ competencies needed for achieving a target IELTS band score, e.g. to better master the written system of English in relevant genres; to extend speaking skills in both informal interviews and discussions and to increase reading confidence.
- Have developed the necessary learning strategies and study skills necessary for the IELTS examination.
Sample Weekly Timetable
||Trends in society - historical and current day perspectives Jigsaw reading Vocabulary building
||Speaking: Discussion Personalising the topic
||Listening and note-taking
||Practice test - Reading
||Group discussion Guided writing
||Video tape: classifying and multiple choice
||Reading: Reading exercises and summary completion
||Reading a critique
||Practice test - Writing
|11.00 – 11.30 MORNING BREAK
||Listening: question types and practice tests
||Individual consultations Language tasks
||Listening: Question and task practice
||Writing Task 1 (Academic)
||Practice test - Listening
||Listening skills development (contd.)
||Brainstorming How to answer questions
||Writing Task 1
||Class meeting and review
||Task 2 Writing: Question and task practice
||Vocabulary and speaking Practice and review and consolidation
||Individual consultations. Group work on one article continues.
||Practice test: Speaking
ANC reserves the right to cancel this course if insufficient enrollments have been confirmed. Currently this course isn't running.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 27 October 2011 04:52 )